10 Good Things About 2020
10 good things from 2020.
With a virus dominating the world and the news, it’s difficult to remember the good.
In no particular order…
1. Our Mother Earth took a big breath of fresh air! Carbon dioxide emissions drastically declined, yes, in part to the quarantine, but also because the cost of renewable energy shrank dramatically. Inhale the future, exhale the past.
2. Drive-in movies made a comeback.
3. Healing! In March, it was made public that a man in England
was cured of HIV.
4. A vaccine was created for Covid-19!
Yes, unique times.
With a few difficulties this year, let’s remember and appreciate that polio, tetanus, measles, hepatitis, rotavirus, diphtheria, chickenpox, H. influenza, rubella, mumps, whooping cough…were not on the list of problems. Thank you vaccines.
5. Actual skin colord crayons! Crayola, the king of crayons, finally made a multitude of diverse skin shades so that kids young and old can “accurately color themselves into the world.”
6. A woman will be Vice President of the most powerful country in the world! For the first time ever, the people of the USA voted for a woman, Kamala Harris, to have the second highest office in the land. That’s one small step for women, one giant leap for mankind.
7. You made a ripple! Through kind donations from people like you, our little NGO, A Ripple, was able to help thousands of needy people.
Thank you so very much.
8. Because of this virus, most right minded people stayed home, and according to statistics, gained weight. We’re not sure if this is a good thing or not, but now at least we can see more of our loved ones:)
9. Polio was eradicated from the continent of Africa! Wherever we lived, scientist, healthcare workers, and humanitarians kept our world turning.
10. 2020 is over!